Thursday, August 27, 2020

All Glory To Him Who Loves Us And Has Freed Us From Our Sins By Shedding His Blood For Us.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

All Glory To Him Who Loves Us

And Has Freed Us From Our Sins

By Shedding His Blood For Us.

Scripture

Revelation 1

5 and from Jesus Christ. He is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world.

All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us. 

6 He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

Observation

Yesterday Kathy went to the dermatologist to have 24 stitches removed from her leg where the doctor had cut out a melanoma. Kathy, and her two sisters, Janice and Debbie, have all three had to have melanomas removed from their legs all within the past 2 months. Kathy's dermatologist said that she had never seen that before!

So Kathy had the stitches out yesterday and last night at around 3 in the morning Kathy got up to go to the bathroom. The she called out to me to say that she was bleeding and needed help. The 4 inch wound that had been stitched up with the 24 stitches had opened up. Blood was everywhere!

As I read Revelation 1:5 this morning that says, “All glory to Him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding His blood for us” it jumped out at me. Way too often, at least for me, I read about Jesus and His horrific death on the cross without thinking about the blood, His blood, running down the cross, spilling out onto the ground, with His mother watching. ...

Yesterday, for most of the day, Kathy and I and some other close friends were praying for a friend named Jamie. Yesterday, after delivering a beautiful baby girl, Jamie began to hemorrorage . She was rushed into surgery and we were asked to pray. Another reminder of just how precious blood is to us! Very grateful to say that today both Jamie and first born baby girl are both doing fine.

Jesus voluntarily hemorroraged, voluntarily He poured out His life blood for us. It was cruel. It was horrific. Yet, He was thinking about you and He was thinking about me when He allowed Himself to be nailed to that cross!

Application

I will thank the Lord for what He did for me on the cross.

How about you? Have you acknowledged Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior? Have you thanked Him recently for pouring out His blood for you on the cross?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, to be honest the crucifixion is not something that I like to think about a lot. Just the sight of blood makes me sick to my stomach and so the thought of someone being nailed to a cross it is hard for me to make myself imagine all of the pain, and the suffering that Jesus went through for me … for my sins. Thank You for dying on the cross for me. Thank You that You hear our prayers and You answer our prayers. Thank You for saving Jamie. Thank You for her beautiful baby girl. You are an Awesome God.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 52; Revelation 1; Psalms 143,144

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: