Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Listen To My Voice In The Morning, LORD. Each Morning I Bring My Requests To You And Wait Expectantly.

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Listen To My Voice In The Morning, LORD.

Each Morning

I Bring My Requests To You And Wait Expectantly.

Scripture

Psalm 5

1 O Lord, hear me as I pray;
    pay attention to my groaning.


2 Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
    for I pray to no one but you.


3 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

Observation

If I were to ask you what you are praying about what would top your list? Or maybe you have been living life totally on your own and you haven't bothered to pray.

Maybe you think you are too busy to pray!

As I read in 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles this morning it is a very dangerous thing to neglect our relationship with our Heavenly Father.

At the hospital, I sometimes ask a patient, “Are you a praying person?” and I have gotten some very interesting answers, from “not really”, to every morning, each night before I go to bed, and the response that I like the best is, “all the time.”

I don't know what your response to that question would be, but I hope it would be the last one, I hope that you pray all the time!

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Luke 18:1

One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up.

1 Samuel 12:23

Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way.

Application

I will never stop praying!

How about you? Too busy to pray?

Prayer

O Lord, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but you. Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. (Psalm 5:1-3 personalized)

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 23; 2 Chronicles 35; John 7; I added: Psalm 5, Psalm 150, Proverbs 5

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!




No comments: