Sunday, December 16, 2007

Before You Take That Pill

1 Peter 1; 1 Peter 2; 1 Peter 3; 1 Peter 4; 1 Peter 5
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Peter 5

7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Observation


What pills will you take today? Are any of those pills to help with stress and/or anxiety? Why not give all of those anxious thoughts to Jesus and let Him give you His peace. I think that the key word in this verse is the small but powerful little word “all”. What are you anxious about today? Why not let Jesus handle “all” your problems because He cares for you. He wants me to come to Him with every anxious thought because He loves me and cares about me.

Application

Every time I have an anxious thought today I am going to quote this verse and turn that anxious thought over to Jesus.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you said that in this world we would have trouble but to be of good cheer because you have overcome this world. Your Word is full of promises telling me that you are going to take care of me and that I don’t have to worry. Help me not to worry today. Help me have the faith to trust you with every one of my concerns. Increase my faith today and give me your peace. I pray that your peace will also be with my family today. May you strengthen them and help them to depend on you. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: