Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Approaching God in Our Time of Need

Philemon 1; Hebrews 1; Hebrews 2; Hebrews 3; Hebrews 4
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Hebrews 4

16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Observation

These are some of the most difficult days that I can remember for my family. With my nephew Jonathan in a coma fighting for life and my sister and her children having to deal with this attack on their family. This verse encourages me this morning because I know that I have a Heavenly Father that understands what we are feeling and I can go to Him with confidence in this time of need. None of what has happened has taken Him by surprise I know that He was well aware of what was going to happen before it happened. So how do we respond to all of this, that is the crucial question?

Application

I choose to respond to this crisis by taking it to the throne of grace and I do so this morning with confidence.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are a God of Mercy and a God of Grace and we need both this morning. I come to your throne with confidence this morning because I know you and I know that you know me and that you want to help us in this time of need. God you are Sovereign and I know that Jonathan’s life is in your hands. I pray that you will intervene and heal this young man. Do it for your honor and for your glory and I promise to give you praise. Amen.

To check on updates for Jonathan's Richert just click here! Thanks for Praying!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: