Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Importance of Scripture Memory

Ephesians 5; Ephesians 6; Psalm 119:1-80
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 119

9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.

Observation

I learned Psalm 119:9 &11 when I first became a Christian about 37 years ago and those verses have always been in my heart. God’s Word can keep us from sliding back into a life of sin. Someone very close to me has slide so far back in sin it doesn’t even seem that he ever knew the Savior at all.

I don’t understand it. He was a Sunday School teacher, a deacon in the church, but now he drinks and gets drunk almost every day and hangs out at sports bars. How did that happen? Why did that happen? Will he ever come back to the Lord and live a pure life? Did he not hide enough of God’s Word in his heart to keep him from this downward slide of destruction?

Application

I will continue to hide God’s Word in my heart so I don’t drift away to a life of sinfulness and destruction.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that you bring every verse that I have ever memorized to my assistance to keep me from sinning. Use your Word in my life to discipline me and also to encourage me. Thank you for the power of you Word. Use it in my life to keep me from doing things that are wrong. Keep me pure Lord. Help me to obey your Word and continue to give me a hunger for your Word and a desire to follow you with my whole heart. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: