Saturday, December 15, 2007

Does He Hear Us?

James 1; James 2; James 3; James 4; James 5
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

The Prayer of Faith

James 5

13 Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. 14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

17 Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops. 19 My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

Observation

James 4:8 “Come near to God and he will come near to you.” If you don’t feel close to God guess who moved. James says that we need to “come near to God and he will come near to you”. There are two ways to stay close to God: one is to read his word everyday; and the second thing to do is to talk to him everyday. Someone has said that reading God’s word will keep you from sin and that sin will keep you from reading His word. When we are close to God we can call on him to heal those that are sick around us and he will hear us. I especially like the last part of verse 16 that says, “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.”

Application

I plan to apply these verses in my life today: James 4:7 “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 come near to God and he will come near to you.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you that I can come near to you this morning and you hear me. Lord show me any sin in my life that may keep me from being close to you. I submit my life to you today. I pray that my prayers to you could be like those of the man described in James 5:16 “powerful and effective”. I pray for my family today. I pray that they draw close to you and I pray that their prayers would be powerful and effective too. You are worthy to be praised. Be glorified today and I pray that you would show yourself powerful in the life of Jonathan today. You are the Great Physician. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: