Monday, December 03, 2007

Warts and All

Romans 13; Romans 14; Romans 15; Romans 16
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Romans 15

5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, 6 so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7 Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.

Observation

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you. Let’s see, what was I like when I trusted Christ…a sinner…yet Christ accepted me just like I was. And He accepts me today not because I am a good person, but because He is a God of love. I am still a sinner, but one that has been forgiven and one that has been accepted.

Being rejected is a terrible feeling isn’t it? Have you ever been the last person to be picked when the neighborhood kids were getting up a game of baseball? Rejection is a terrible thing. But we do it all the time don’t we?

It seems that people reject us when our beliefs and theirs don’t line up exactly the same. They want you to believe their way and if you don’t then they don’t want to fellowship with you. How sad.

Application

Who do I need to accept warts and all that I have been rejecting? I am asking the Lord to reveal them to me so I can reach out to them.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, you accepted me just like I was and I didn’t deserve it. Help me to accept everyone especially those that are not easy to accept and that are not easy to love. Put people on my heart that I need to reach out to. Thank you for the missionaries that are speaking this week. Bless our Missions conference and may you place a desire in our people’s hearts to give sacrificially. Amen


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: