Sunday, December 30, 2007

Played a Harp Lately?

Revelation 15; Revelation 16; Revelation 17; Revelation 18
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Revelation 15

They held harps given them by God 3 and sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb:
"Great and marvelous are your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
King of the ages.
4 Who will not fear you, O Lord,
and bring glory to your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed."

Observation

For sure we don’t know exactly what it is going to be like in Heaven, but one thing we do know is that someone will be playing a harp! It could be that place a harp in the same group of instruments as church organs, but you need to rethink that if you do. Church organs might be a thing of the past, but the harp is here to stay. I haven’t done a study on it yet to see what other musical instruments are mentioned as being in heaven, but the harp sure is.

King David played, yes you guessed it, a harp!

Don’t get me wrong I love contemporary Christian music, but we need to be careful what we discard as no longer useful.

Application

I am going to search and see if any other musical instruments are mentioned in the book of Revelation.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to love the things that you love. I pray for our people today that you bless them. I pray that this will be a day of true worship. I pray for Trevor Thomas that you use him in a mighty way today in our worship services. Give my family wisdom as they seek your direction in some very important issues today. I love you Lord. You are worthy of our praise. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: