Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Meditation & Praise

Psalm 117; Psalm 119:81-176; 2 John 1; 3 John 1
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 119

148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.

164 Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous laws.

Observation

During the night when you can’t sleep don’t count sheep, instead meditate of the promises of God. During the day when nothing is going right don’t kick the cat, instead praise Him for His precious Word.

I love Psalm 119. I memorized Psalm 119:9-11 when I first became a Christian and Psalm 119:105. It is the longest chapter in the Bible. Psalm 117 is the shortest chapter in the Bible and Psalm 118:8 is the middle of your Bible.

Getting back to meditation, Dr. Waylon B. Moore years ago taught me that meditation is like a cow chewing its cud. The cow chews the grass and then regurgitates it and chews it over and over again. The Word of God once it is memorized and is in our hearts can be meditated on day and night. When I can’t sleep I meditate on God’s promises and I pray God’s promises back to Him. Just like the Psalmist is doing in Psalm 119.

Praising Him seven times a day is something I definitely need to work on. How about you?

Application

I will praise God seven times today!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I give you praise for your Word. Your Word is my delight. Thank you for guiding someone to write Psalm 119. It is long, but very good. Your Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against you. Your Word is a light to light up my path. Your Word is more precious than gold. Thank you for giving me the desire to read your Word this morning. Help others that may read this blog dig into your Word everyday. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: