Thursday, December 13, 2007

By Faith

Hebrews 9; Hebrews 10; Hebrews 11

Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Hebrews 11

By Faith

1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Observation

Hebrews 11:6a “And without faith it is impossible to please God” God says that it is living by faith that pleases Him. Holding out for what we can’t see at the moment that is what faith is all about. The important stuff in my life all requires faith. I have faith and I know that God has prepared a place for me in Heaven. I can’t see it but I know that I have it. I know that He is going to take care of me and He is going to take care of Kathy no matter what happens in our lives. And I know that by faith. I know that He is going to heal Jonathan and I know it by faith.


Application

Tragedy and crisis remind us that our lives are lives of faith connected to the promises of our living and all powerful God.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to please you by being a person of faith. Your word says that we can please you only if we have faith and that it is impossible to please you without it. Father, increase my faith. Help me to see your hand at work in the lives of the people around me. I pray for Deanna that she will come to church and that she would place her trust and faith in you for her salvation. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: