Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Call For Patient Endurance

Revelation 10; Revelation 11; Revelation 12; Revelation 13; Revelation 14
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Revelation 14

12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.

Observation

I don’t know if you are a Christ-Follower or not, but if you are maybe you have noticed that some that started out strong are now floundering in their faith. I know so many that were very active in church, but now don’t even act like church was ever part of their lives. What happened? I sure that there are many different reasons: maybe they never had a personal relationship with Christ in the first place; maybe they have allowed sin to take over the throne of his or her life; or maybe they have allowed the cares of this world to squeeze out their joy for the Savior. It is sad.

The Christian life is not like a sprint; it is a marathon. It calls for patient endurance to remain faithful to Jesus. How have you been running the race?

Application

I will pray and ask God for the patience and the endurance to finish this Christian race well.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that you have already won the battle with the Devil and yet I know that today he is still very powerful, “but greater is he that is in me than he that is of this world.” Give me the patience and endurance I need to finish this race well. Help me to be a good finisher. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: