Thursday, December 27, 2007

Peek Into Heaven

Revelation 1; Revelation 2; Revelation 3; Revelation 4
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Revelation 4

The Throne in Heaven

1 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." 2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3 And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne. 4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God. 6 Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

Observation

Do you ever ask God to let you see what it is going to be like in Heaven? I have but so far He hasn’t chosen to let me have a peek! That is not completely true, this morning as I was reading in Revelation I did get a peek didn’t I!

A door standing open in Heaven says to me, “Whosoever may come.” I wonder who the twenty-four elders will be: will the list include guys like Moses, Abraham, Paul, Peter, Billy Graham, you? I will be happy just being there and experience being in God’s presence at the throne. Won’t you?

Application

I will enjoy my relationship with my Heavenly Father today. Rev. 3:20, “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. “


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am glad that you knock at the door of our hearts and I am glad that you desire to have fellowship with us. Help me to hear your voice today and help me to be obedient to do your will. Guide me today. Put your thoughts on my mind and in my heart today. It is my desire to please you today. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: