Friday, December 14, 2007

Fix Our Eyes On Jesus

Hebrews 12; Hebrews 13; Jude 1
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Hebrews 12

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Jude 1:24 To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Observation

I don’t know about you but it is so easy for me to fix my eyes on problems rather than on Jesus. It is so easy to fix our eyes on our circumstances or on people and not on Jesus. We are to walk by faith and not by sight. Faith is when we keep our eyes on Jesus, walking by sight is when we have our gaze/focus on our circumstances. Our circumstances will always look impossible, but with Jesus nothing absolutely nothing is impossible.

Application

Today I am going to fix my eyes on Jesus and not on my circumstances. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, now unto you that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that I ask or think, according to the power that works in me and to you who is able to keep me from falling and who will present me before your glorious presence without fault and you will do it with great joy, to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ my Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore. Amen (Ephesians 3:20; Jude 1:24-25)



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: