Monday, December 17, 2007

Follow Me

2 Peter 1; 2 Peter 2; 2 Peter 3; John 1
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 1

43 The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, "Follow me."
44 Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida. 45 Philip found Nathanael and told him, "We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph."
46 "Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?" Nathanael asked.
"Come and see," said Philip.
47 When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, "Here is a true Israelite, in whom there is nothing false."
48 "How do you know me?" Nathanael asked.
Jesus answered, "I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you."
49 Then Nathanael declared, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel."
50 Jesus said, "You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You shall see greater things than that." 51 He then added, "I tell you the truth, you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."

Observation

I was 19 years old when I responded to Jesus call to follow Him. How old were you? Or maybe you haven’t responded yet to His call to follow Him? As I look back over the past 37+ years of knowing and following Christ I have never for one moment regretted saying, “yes” to Him.

I remember my life and where it was heading before I said, “yes” to Him. I was on the road to destruction. I don’t understand why I have the privilege of knowing Him and so many do not. I think that this will always baffle me. I don’t deserve it, but I am very glad that Jesus extended the call to me to follow him. Is He speaking to you right now about your relationship to Him? Let me encourage you to say “yes” to him right now and start following Him today.

Application

Jesus said, “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.” I plan to be ready to fish today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for calling me, for saving me, and for allowing me to be used for your service. I don’t deserve it, but I am so glad that you have allowed me the privilege of knowing you. Thank you for my salvation today. I pray that salvation will come to many people’s lives through my obedience to you. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:12) Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: