Sunday, December 23, 2007

Take Heart! I Have Overcome the World.

John 15; John 16; John 17; John 18
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 16

33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Observation

Just because someone gives his or her life to Jesus Christ and that person has eternal life it doesn’t mean that his or her life will be trouble free. On the contrary, Jesus says, “in this world you will have trouble.” Don’t think that your life will ever be without problems, without challenges, without trouble because it isn’t going to happen. Life is full of trouble. Then here is the important, “BUT” Jesus says, “But take heart! I have overcome the world.” “In Christ” you and I can have peace in spite of what this world throws at us. The important thing is to make sure that you are “in Christ”. Have you asked Him to be your Lord and Savior? Someone has said that if you do not have Christ in your heart then you will not find Christmas under the tree.

Application

I will look to Christ to help me with all of today’s troubles. Why don’t you do the same thing!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to abide in you. Thank you for the privilege of taking every problem I have to you today. Thank you for overcoming this world. It seems that this world and all of its evil is winning, but thanks for the reminder that you have already overcome the world. Help my family as they struggle with challenges, with difficulties; life is so tough for them right now. I pray that you would be their strength during this crisis and that they would draw closer to you during this time of need. Thank you for your Indescribable Gift. Thank you for Jesus! Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: