Wednesday, December 12, 2007

King’s Kids and What That Means

Hebrews 5; Hebrews 6; Hebrews 7; Hebrews 8
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Hebrews 8

1 The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven,


Observation

We are kids of the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and we have access to our Heavenly Father anytime day or night. His throne is a throne of Grace and He is a God of Mercy so we don’t have to fear when we go to Him with our needs. I haven’t quit thinking since yesterday’s Bible reading about God’s throne and how we have been invited to go to Him freely with each and every one of our needs. I read this morning in the book of Revelation about God’s throne in Heaven. We can’t even begin to imagine what it is going to be like when we get there.

Rev. 4:1 “After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." 2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3 And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne. 4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing.”

Rev. 7:9 “After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.”


Application

Because I am a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords I am can boldly go to His throne of Grace and find help in my time of need.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing me the privilege to come before your throne with my requests. I don’t have to fear you. One day I will be at your throne in Heaven with people from every nation and every tribe and we will be worshipping you together. I can’t imagine how neat that will be. Thank you for taking care of Jonathan and his family. I pray that you heal Jonathan and that through His life you would receive glory and honor. Protect his family from the evil one. You are able to do way more than we can even imagine or think. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: