Sunday, January 03, 2010

Finding Favor With God

Genesis 6; Genesis 7; Genesis 8; Luke 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Genesis 6

8 But Noah found favor with the LORD.

Observation

An entire world filled with evil people and yet there in all of that corruption and evil God found a man named Noah that was living a different kind of life. Noah made God smile by the way he lived. I think it is important to catch the importance of what is said about Noah in verse twenty-two of chapter 6 and it is repeated in chapter 7, “So Noah did everything exactly as God had commanded him.”

Do you want to find favor with God…then obey what He tells you to do? If I want God to smile on me then I have to obey His commands. I have to live for Him in obedience if I am to find favor with Him.

Application

I am willing and I want to live in obedience to God’s will. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when You look down on us from Heaven I want to cause You to smile. I don’t want to live a life of disobedience. Help me to serve You with all of my heart. Help me keep Your word. Help me walk in Your light. Don’t let me fall into sin. I pray for wisdom today. I pray for discernment to know the right actions to take. I pray for our church today that they would come to worship with excitement. I pray that Your Holy Spirit would move in the hearts of our people. Help us to make You smile today. May Your face shine on us!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: