Monday, January 04, 2010

Preaching The Good News to The Poor

Genesis 9; Genesis 10; Genesis 11; Luke 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 4

18 “The Spirit of the LORD is upon me,
for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released,
that the blind will see,
that the oppressed will be set free,
19 and that the time of the LORD’s favor has come.”

Observation

Poor people do not hear much good news and so when they hear the Good News that Jesus came to this earth to save them they respond with great joy!
People that are rich with the stuff of this world aren’t as interested in hearing the Good News because life is so good for them, but for the down and out Jesus gives hope.

We are to take the Good News to the poor. How can they hear unless we share with them?

Application

I am going to Mission Tampa this morning and I intend to do just that and I plan to use this passage so they can hear it with their own ears what Jesus says about them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, open the ears of the poor this morning. Even if it is just one person that spiritually hears this morning I will give You praise. You are Mighty. You are worthy to be Praised!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: