Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Give Us Our Daily Bread

Exodus 14; Exodus 16; Acts 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Exodus 16

35 So the people of Israel ate manna for forty years until they arrived at the land where they would settle. They ate manna until they came to the border of the land of Canaan.

Observation

If God can provide food every day for forty years for the people of Israel I know that He can provide for my family and me. In fact, God has always provided for us. We have never gone without. He promises to provide for our needs as we put Him first.

If you are a Christ follower and you find yourself struggling today with a need that has not yet been met I would encourage you to look back at your life and think about how many times God has provided for you in the past and He will provide for you in the future. I would also look and evaluate my priorities to make sure that the Kingdom of God is your number one priority.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

Application

I will trust the Lord today to provide for the needs of my life.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are an Awesome God. You are the Great Provider. I have never gone without. You have cared for me everyday of my life. Help me to continue to put You and Your Kingdom first in my life. Don’t let me get side tracked by sin. Guard my heart today. I pray that You use me today to be Your witness. Give me energy today to carry out Your work. I pray for our staff today. Bless them. Give them the desires of their hearts, answer their prayers and make their plans successful.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: