Saturday, January 02, 2010

Here is An Example to Follow

Genesis 3; Genesis 4; Genesis 5; Luke 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Genesis 5

21 When Enoch was 65 years old, he became the father of Methuselah. 22 After the birth of Methuselah, Enoch lived in close fellowship with God for another 300 years, and he had other sons and daughters. 23 Enoch lived 365 years, 24 walking in close fellowship with God. Then one day he disappeared, because God took him.

Observation

How close are you to God this morning? Close enough for the Lord to want to take you up to Heaven to be with Him. Wow! Now that is being tight with Your Heavenly Father. Does that happen today? Do people just disappear today because they are so close to the Father that He can’t stand it and just takes them to Heaven? I don’t know but I would love to be one of those people. Enoch had 665 years of walking close to the Lord before the Lord took him up to Heaven.

As far as we know it only happened once, but it could have happened more times than that. I would love to live a life so close to God that He would shorten my stay here on earth to get me to Heaven to be with Him. Enoch must have been some kind of guy.

I do know that if we will live our lives in a way that pleases our Heavenly Father that we will be blessed. Being blessed by God for living a godly life is the best gift we could ever receive. Nothing anyone could give us here on earth would come close to being blessed by our Heavenly Father.

Application

I want to live my life so close to God that He would smile when He thinks about me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I choose to live my life for You today. I want to make You smile by the way I live. Help me to do just that ... make You smile. I pray that You give me wisdom to live a life of obedience and help me to stay in the center of Your will.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

I could skip the 300 years part!