Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lost In The Details!

Genesis 25; Genesis 26; Psalm 6; Luke 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 10

38 As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. 39 Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. 40 But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”

41 But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! 42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Observation

We lose out on what is most important when we get lost in the details. It would be a shame to live your whole life and never focus on the most important because you are so busy with the stuff of life that doesn't really matter.

We need to focus on the best and not the good. It was a good thing that Martha was doing. She was fixing a meal for her best friend Jesus. But He was more than a best friend He was her Lord and Savior and she should have been sitting at his feet too and they could have both enjoyed a spiritual feast.

Doing good stuff robs us many times of being able to enjoy the best. What are we doing that is good, but is keeping us away from the best. What are we doing that is keeping us from doing or from focusing on the most important or on the best?

Application

I will focus on what is best today and I will spend my time on that.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me focus on the most important today. Help me to concentrate on people and their needs. Don’t let me get caught up in doing good stuff when I should be doing the best.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: