Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Give and Watch What Happens!

Genesis 15; Genesis 16; Genesis 17; Luke 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 6

38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.”

Observation

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. Malachi 3:10

Look for any other place in the Bible where God says to put Him to a test and I don’t think you will find one if you do let me know. God is saying to us that we can trust Him totally when it comes to finances. He tells us to give and just watch. Give and put me to the test. Have you ever done this? Have you given and put God to the test?

His promise is huge. Can you believe Him for what He promises to do?

In Luke 6:38 Jesus tells us that when we give what we give will return to us but it will not return in the same amount, oh no, when it comes back it will come back to us running over. We will not be able to contain it. God says in Malachi 3:10 to put Him to the test. Will you put God to the test with Your giving?
He is just waiting to show you how much He wants to bless you!

Application

I will give knowing that God is going to give me back way more than I could ever give Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be obedient to give when You prompt me to give. Help me to be generous. Help me to trust You and never let me hold on to what You want me to give away. Thank You for blessing me with so much. You have provided us with everything that we need and way more. You have done that for us so that we could be a blessing to others.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Russell Earl Kelly said...

The whole law was a test.

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/id154.html