Friday, January 22, 2010

What is in Your Hand?

Exodus 3; Exodus 4; Exodus 5; Luke 22
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Exodus 4

1 But Moses protested again, “What if they won’t believe me or listen to me? What if they say, ‘The LORD never appeared to you’?”

2 Then the LORD asked him, “What is that in your hand?”
“A shepherd’s staff,” Moses replied.

3 “Throw it down on the ground,” the LORD told him. So Moses threw down the staff, and it turned into a snake! Moses jumped back.

4 Then the LORD told him, “Reach out and grab its tail.” So Moses reached out and grabbed it, and it turned back into a shepherd’s staff in his hand.

5 “Perform this sign,” the LORD told him. “Then they will believe that the LORD, the God of their ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—really has appeared to you.”

Observation

What is in your hand? Give it to the Lord and watch how He can use it. Something that may be small and insignificant when we give it to the Lord can become something powerful. Give your business to the Lord and watch Him bless it. Give your talents to the Lord and watch how He can use them.

Moses had plenty of excuses, but God let him know that it didn’t matter God would be the One doing the miracles anyway not Moses. Moses just had to be available and willing for God to use him. Are you available? Am I willing to yield everything to God for Him to use? Are you?

Application

I am weak but God is strong. I want God to use me and I want Him to work miracles through my obedience to Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that You will use me like You used Moses. Just as You used Moses to lead Your people I pray that You will use me. Help me to be as humble and as meek as Moses. He realized that it was You and that it was not him that had the power. Help me not to forget that it is You that is All-Powerful and that when I am weak You are strong. There is nothing too hard for You. Nothing…not one thing is too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: