Sunday, January 31, 2010

Risk It

Exodus 28; Exodus 29; Acts 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 7

54 The Jewish leaders were infuriated by Stephen’s accusation, and they shook their fists at him in rage. 55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 56 And he told them, “Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand!”

Observation

Wouldn’t you like to be able to see into Heaven and see Jesus at the right hand of the Father? Men and women that get to see Jesus like Stephen did are getting ready to be martyred or exiled for Him so maybe if you said “yes” you might want to rethink your answer to that question.

I would love to be able to see into Heaven like Stephen, Paul, and John did and maybe one day I will get that opportunity, but if I get that opportunity it will probably be because I am about to die for Christ.

Application

I am willing to die for Christ. In fact, I would love to live out my last years on this earth risking everything for Jesus. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know my heart. I want to count for You while I am here on this earth. So many people are dying for You as Your witnesses while we are so comfortable in the United States. It is my desire to risk my life for You helping people in a country where they don’t know You so they will have the opportunity to trust in You for their salvation. I understand that it is all within Your time frame so I am just letting You know that I am ready. I am willing.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: