Saturday, January 30, 2010

Do People See Jesus In You…In Me?

Exodus 25; Exodus 26; Exodus 27; Acts 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 6

15 At this point everyone in the high council stared at Stephen, because his face became as bright as an angel’s.

Observation

Wouldn’t it be great if people saw Jesus in us! They should. We should reflect Jesus. When people see us they should see Jesus, but do they? I think it depends on how much time we spend with Him. Have you talked to Him this morning? Have you taken time to read His word this morning? Or are you in a big hurry to get to work and you don’t have time to read God’s word this morning because you stayed up too late watching television last night?

People need to see Jesus in us. Do you remember the story of Peter and Silas that when they spoke it was evident to their enemies that they had spent time with Jesus? Even though they were uneducated they spoke with such authority because they had spent time with Christ.

Stephen was a layman, but he was powerful. He saw Jesus at the right hand of the Father. He was given the awesome privilege of being able to see into Heaven and see Christ seated with His Heavenly Father.

Application

I want Stephen’s faith. I want people to see Jesus in my countenance. I want people to know that I spend time with Jesus because of the way I respond to life’s challenges.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be a reflection of Jesus Christ. Help me be a positive witness today. Give me boldness. Give me a tender heart. Give me a desire to walk close to You today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: