Friday, January 01, 2010

Blessed Because You Believe

Genesis 1; Genesis 2; Luke 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 1

42 Elizabeth gave a glad cry and exclaimed to Mary, “God has blessed you above all women, and your child is blessed. 43 Why am I so honored, that the mother of my Lord should visit me? 44 When I heard your greeting, the baby in my womb jumped for joy. 45 You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.”

Observation

How important is “believing” what God says in His Word – the Bible? I think it is the key to living a successful Christian life. The word “Believe” in this passage I think is synonymous with “Obey”.

We are blessed when we obey what God says in His Word. In fact, I think that you could say that you only really believe the parts of the Bible that you obey. If you say that you believe the entire Bible, then choose to disobey parts of it I would say that those are the parts of the Bible that you really don’t believe.

Application

“Choose to love the Lord your God and to obey him and commit yourself to him, for he is your life.” Deut. 30:20

I choose to love the Lord my God and I choose to believe and obey Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Mary was obedient even though she didn’t understand how everything was going to happen. Help me to obey You even though I don’t know how things are going to turn out. Help me to be obedient because I want to live a life that is blessed by You. Don’t let me sin. Don’t let me live a life of disobedience. Show me when I am going in the wrong direction. Use me to help others get back on Your path.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Storm Of Angels said...

This is a very beautiful and inspirational blog, I find myself blessed that I have come across it... thank you.