Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stand and Look Up!

Exodus 1; Exodus 2; Psalm 88; Luke 21
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 21

25 “And there will be strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. 26 People will be terrified at what they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then everyone will see the Son of Man coming on a cloud with power and great glory. 28 So when all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!”

Observation

When bad things happen like what has been happening to the Nation of Haiti what should we do? I think verse twenty-eight tells us what we should do, “So when all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!” Our help comes from the Lord.

I think of the Psalmist when he wrote Psalm 121


“ I look up to the mountains—does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made the heavens and the earth! He will not let you stumble and fall; the one who watches over you will not sleep. Indeed, he who watches over Israel never tires and never sleeps. The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. The sun will not hurt you by day, nor the moon at night. The Lord keeps you from all evil and preserves your life. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.”

Application

I will pray to the Lord because my help comes from Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, my help comes from You . I must stop, stand, and look up and depend on You today. You are my strength. You are my refuge. You are my very present help in trouble. I pray for those that are helping in Haiti that you be with them today. I pray that they would continue to find people in the rubble and rescue them today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: