Sunday, October 07, 2012

Give To Caesar What Belongs To Caesar, And Give To God What Belongs To God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezra 7; Ezra 8; Luke 20

Give To Caesar

What Belongs To Caesar,

And Give To God What Belongs To God

Scripture

Luke 20

24 “Show me a silver coin. Whose name and picture are on it?”
They said, “Caesar’s.”

25 He said to them, “Then give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.”

Observation

Are you tired of all of the political ads that we are being bombarded with these days? We could live under a king or a dictator and then we wouldn’t even have the opportunity to vote for the lesser of two evils! 

In other words, it could be worse!

The religious leaders were trying to trick Jesus into saying something wrong. They couldn’t trick God! You and I can’t either. We need to give to our government what our government says is theirs and give to God what is God’s – Everything!

Are we holding back? My God is a very generous God! How about yours? 

 Application

I will be generous to someone today.   

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for our President today. I pray that You would guide him. I pray for Mitt Romney today. I pray that You would guide him. Work in their hearts to do what is right in Your eyes. Help me to be generous today just like You are. 

I also pray for Pastor Bruce. I pray that you would speak through him. Be glorified today was we worship You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: