Wednesday, October 10, 2012

“Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Nehemiah 3; Nehemiah 4; Luke 23

“Today

You

Will Be With Me In Paradise.”

Scripture

Luke 23

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Observation

Have you talked to a Jehovah Witness lately? I ran into a lady yesterday at the bus stop who was a Jehovah Witness (my heart doctor told me that I can’t drive any more so I sometimes take the city bus). She got upset when I emphatically shared with her that Jesus Christ was God. Sadly she is probably not going to change her mind about Jesus and I definitely am not going to change my mine!

The criminal on the cross realized that Jesus was God. The thief realized that although he was a sinner he was in the presence of Someone who had never sinned. Jesus was perfect. He was sinless. Only God is perfect. Only God could live on this earth for 33 years and remain sinless. Only God could provide the Perfect Sacrifice! Jesus when He walked this earth was 100% Man and 100% God.

Jehovah Witnesses and many other religions cannot grasp the Deity of Christ!

Application

I will look for an opportunity to share my faith the very next time I get on a city bus or while I am waiting for one to arrive! 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for the lady that thinks she is doing good handing out her little tracts about what she believes. She is very sincere. But You and I know that she is sincerely wrong. Give me the ability to communicate the Gospel well with people like her. Give me people to share the Good News with. Give me boldness and give me Your love for them.  I pray for those within our fellowship that are struggling right now with different issues. I pray that You give them strength. I pray that You guide them and I pray that You answer their prayers. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: