Friday, October 26, 2012

I Began Telling People To Change Their Hearts And Lives And Turn Back To God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 17; Acts 24; Acts 25; Acts 26

I Began Telling People 

To Change Their Hearts And Lives

And Turn Back To God

Scripture

Acts 26

20 “I began telling people to change their hearts and lives and turn back to God…”

Observation

Once we give our lives to the Lord Jesus Christ we are all given the same main task, “begin telling people to change their hearts and lives and turn back to God.” It is the Good News! 

One of the best words found in the Bible is the word, “Repent!” Sometimes you see people holding up signs that have in big letters “REPENT”at football games, or behind home plate at a baseball game, or sometimes you see guys holding up a sign saying, “REPENT” at a street corner. 

Now all of that is well and good, but I think that Jesus wanted us to share our faith one on one with people as we do life together with them. He wants us to share with our family, our friends, our neighbors, and our co-workers, as we talk to them everyday. The best way to reach my neighbor for Jesus is probably not with a big, “REPENT” sign stuck out in my yard! 

The Apostle Paul, even when on trial for his life did not hesitate to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. He let King Agrippa and Governor Festus know that they also needed to change their hearts and lives and turn back to God.

 Application
  I will look for opportunities to share my faith with folks while we are traveling and visiting friends in Tennessee and North Carolina.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Help me to share my faith with people as I encounter them over the next few days. Give me boldness and strength and Your love for the people I meet. 

I pray for Don Kennedy. I pray that You bless Him as he travels all over Mexico ministering in Your Name. Protect him and use him for Your kingdom. Thank You for his wonderful family that we are getting to spend time with today and tomorrow. Bless his wife Edith. Thank You that we get to spend time with her and her girls and Edith’s little grandson Carson. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: