Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Put Me To The Test! I Will Pour Out A Blessing So Great You Won’t Have Enough Room To Take It In!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Malachi 3; Malachi 4; Psalm 148; Acts 5

Put Me To The Test!

I Will Pour Out A Blessing So Great

You Won’t Have Enough Room To Take It In!

Scripture

Malachi 3

10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

Observation

Is there anywhere else in the Bible where God says, “Try it? Put me to the test”? 

I don’t think so! 

Isn’t it interesting that when God talks about our giving back to Him a tenth of what He has given us He does it with a no risk guarantee! 

He promises that if we accept His challenge and begin to give back to Him 10% then He will bless us so much that we won’t have room to take it in!

Are you afraid that God won’t keep His promise if you begin to “tithe”? 

    For if you give, you will get! Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use to give--large or small--will be used to measure what is given back to you." Luke 6:38 

Maybe you have your finances in such a mess that you have made it impossible to “tithe” – why don’t you begin with 4%, then increase your giving to 5%, then 6%, until you reach 10%; but don’t stop at 10%, go to 11%, then 12% etc. 

Why? You might ask, “Why should I do that?” 

The answer is simple. You can never out give God. The more you and I give the more we will be blessed and the more we will receive. You and I cannot out give our Heavenly Father!

Application

I will ask God to show me where I can put Him to the test in the area of my giving back to Him. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help Kathy and I not be afraid to give as You lead us to give. We are blessed. You have always provided for us. I pray for others that may have read Malachi 3:10 and Luke 6:38 today and I pray that they will put You to the test. Give us all the faith we need to trust You more with the resources that You have placed at our disposal. You have given us more than we need so that we can be a blessing to others. You are a generous God. You have provided us with so much! Worthy is Your Name!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: