Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Want To Finish The Work That The Lord Jesus Gave Me To Do – To Tell People The Good News About God’s Grace.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 15; Acts 19; Acts 20

I Want To Finish The Work

That The Lord Jesus Gave Me To Do – 

To Tell People The Good News About God’s Grace.

Scripture

Acts 20

24 I don’t care about my own life. The most important thing is that I finish my work. I want to finish the work that the Lord Jesus gave me to do—to tell people the Good News about God’s grace.

Observation

 Just in case you didn’t know - our most important work is to tell people the Good News about God’s grace.

One year ago today - I had a heart attack and all of my doctors say that it is a miracle that I am alive!

 It is a milestone for me to live out one year!

It seems surreal that I have died at least four times since having the heart attack. I quit breathing 3 or 4 times in the hospital and had to be revived. Then I collapsed on July 27th and I would have died but I was brought back to life by a defibrillator that had been implanted in my chest one month earlier. 

I don’t remember those hospital experiences but I will never forget how quickly I collapsed in July. It is a constant reminder to me about how quickly life on this earth can and one day will come to an end.

So I know that there is sure no guarantee that I will make it until the end of 2012 or 2013.

Kathy and I will celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary on November 1st and I am looking forward to celebrating it with her! I messed last year’s anniversary up with a heart attack! Hopefully this one won’t get messed up!

I have some unfinished work and that unfinished work is to tell people the Good News about God’s grace.

Application

I will look for opportunities to share the Good News while we are traveling the next few weeks.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me focus on the unfinished work of telling people the Good News about Your grace. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: