Wednesday, October 17, 2012

How Can We Accept All The Good Things That God Gives Us And Not Accept The Problems


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Job 1; Job 2; Acts 6; Acts 7 

How Can We Accept All The Good Things

That God Gives Us

And Not Accept The Problems

Scripture

Job 2

So Satan left the meeting with the Lord and gave Job painful sores all over his body, from the bottom of his feet to the top of his head. Job sat on the pile of ashes where he was mourning and used a piece of broken pottery to scrape his sores. His wife said to him, “Are you still holding on to your faith? Why don’t you just curse God and die!”

10 Job answered, “You sound like one of those fools on the street corner! How can we accept all the good things that God gives us and not accept the problems?” So even after all that happened to Job, he did not sin. He did not accuse God of doing anything wrong.

Observation

Lots of books have been written about “Why Bad Things Happen To Good People” … here we find Job’s answer to that question, “Why not?” Job had incredible faith in his God. 

You and I need to have that same kind of faith. 

Jesus says in John 16:33, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
Hate to be the one that tells us this but in your future you will be faced with many trials and sorrows! 

The Good News about all of that trouble is this: we can have peace through it all if we have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!

So how is your attitude today about all the troubles you are experiencing – how is my attitude? 

As sick as I have been this past year it is nothing compared to what Job went through. I have never found myself sitting in a pile of ashes scraping the sores all over my body with a piece of broken pottery. I have never lost everything like Job did. He lost his children, he lost all of his possessions, and he lost his health - all in a short amount of time! 

Yet, his response to all of his misfortune was summed up in this one statement to his not so understanding wife, “How can we accept all the good things that God gives us and not accept the problems?” 

Amazing Faith!

 Application

I will remember Job’s faith as I deal with the trials and sufferings this world brings my way.
Today, I will ask God to show me if my attitude needs an adjustment – how about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have not experienced anything in my life compared to Your servant Job. Help me have the right attitude when I deal with issues and problems in this life. Give me the faith I need to be able to trust You with the details of my life. 

I pray for our church today. I pray that You would give everyone in leadership the ability to lead us where we need to go. I pray for those that made decisions this past Sunday. I pray that they would grow and become vibrant, healthy believers. Thank You for the health that I have today. You are a Mighty God. You are so worthy of praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: