Saturday, October 06, 2012

Zacchaeus Was Short He Could Not See Over The Crowd


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Esther 9; Esther 10; Luke 19

Zacchaeus

Was Short

He Could Not See Over The Crowd

Scripture

Luke 19

A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd. So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.

When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.

All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”

But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.  

10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

Observation

I really wonder how short Zacchaeus was!

One of the lessons I find in this story is this:

You and I are never too small, never too insignificant, or never too dishonest to be found by Jesus. He came to search out and find people just like you and me. Maybe you are not up a tree this morning, but Jesus can find you. He will find you.

Will you do like Zacchaeus did when Jesus found him? Zacchaeus surrendered his life to Jesus and became a follower.  He found me a long time ago and I said, “yes” to Him. How about you?

Application

Zacchaeus was not liked by the people around him he was a dishonest tax collector. Jesus seemed to be drawn to the unlovely/disliked people of this world. I will ask God to bring a person into my life like Zacchaeus that needs to see and experience the love of Jesus through me.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, Zacchaeus needed a relationship with You through the Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that You would use me in the life of someone that needs to be saved. I was lost and You sent someone into my life. I pray that You would let someone come into my life that needs to be saved. Give me the ability to communicate the Good News with them in a way that brings them to You. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: