Monday, October 15, 2012

So Be On Your Guard, And Do Not Be Unfaithful To The Wife Of Your Youth


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Nehemiah 13; Malachi 1; Malachi 2; Acts 4

So Be On Your Guard,

And Do Not Be Unfaithful

To The Wife Of Your Youth

Scripture

Malachi 2

14 You ask, “Why?” It is because the Lord is the witness between you and the wife of your youth. You have been unfaithful to her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.

15 Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.

Observation

I was 17 years old when God brought Kathy into my life! She is the reason that I have a personal relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ. I started going to church with her when we started dating and that is how I came to know Christ. We got married when we were just 18 years old! She definitely is the wife of my youth!

It is my intention to stay faithful to Kathy until the day I die. Of course, having someone like Kathy as your wife makes it a lot easier to stay faithful. Nothing against the wife you have but God really blessed me when He brought Kathy into my life. She was a “keeper” from the moment I met her!

Kathy and I plan to take a trip up to the mountains in a little over a week to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary and to celebrate my still being “alive” one year after my heart attack (October 24th, 2011). I enjoy and love Kathy more now than ever – even more than when we were dating in high school!  

Application

Today, I will tell Kathy know how much I love her and I will tell her what a wonderful gift she is from God.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me keep my marriage covenant with Kathy. Help me to stay on my guard to protect our relationship. I pray for others that struggle keeping their marriage covenant. Help them to stay faithful to the wife of their youth. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: