Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Don’t Be Afraid; Just Believe.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 19; Numbers 20; Psalm 28; Mark 5 

Don’t 

Be Afraid;

Just Believe.

Scripture

Mark 5 

35 While Jesus was still there speaking, some men came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue leader. They said, “Your daughter is dead. There is no need to bother the Teacher.”

36 But Jesus did not care what the men said. He said to the synagogue leader, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.”

37 Jesus let only Peter, James, and John the brother of James go with him. 38 They went to the synagogue leader’s house, where Jesus saw many people crying loudly. There was a lot of confusion. 39 He entered the house and said, “Why are you people crying and making so much noise? This child is not dead. She is only sleeping.”

  40 But everyone laughed at him. Jesus told the people to leave the house. Then he went into the room where the child was. He brought the child’s father and mother and his three followers into the room with him. 41 Then Jesus held the girl’s hand and said to her, “Talitha, koum!” (This means “Little girl, I tell you to stand up!”) 42 The girl immediately stood up and began walking. (She was twelve years old.) The father and mother and the followers were amazed. 43 Jesus gave the father and mother very strict orders not to tell people about this. Then he told them to give the girl some food to eat.

Observation

The opposite of trust is fear. Don’t be afraid; just believe!

How does that fit in with what you are going through today?

It sure helps me this morning to read about how to have faith in a hopeless situation!

Fear is paralyzing! It gives me a sick feeling. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with fear. The fears I face are largely all in my head and they haven’t materialized yet and they probably never will. But in my head they are bigger than life and I feel helpless.

What do you do to overcome your fears?

Here is what I do. I begin to quote scriptures and focus on God and I focus on God’s amazing power and strength.

Fear is crippling. It demoralizes. It zaps your energy and your strength. Fear keeps you from getting a good night’s sleep.

Faith on the other hand … heals. Faith lifts you up and faith gives you purpose. It gives you energy, and it empowers you.

The man in our story had a choice. You and I have the same choice. We either choose to be afraid or we choose to believe! We must choose to believe God and we must hold on to His promises.

Application

I choose to believe this morning! I choose not to be afraid. How about you?


Prayer

Praise the Lord! He has heard my prayer for mercy.  The Lord is my strength and shield. I trusted him with all my heart. He helped me, so I am happy. I sing songs of praise to him. The Lord protects his chosen one. He saves him and gives him strength. Psalm 28:6-8

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: