Saturday, February 23, 2013

We Live About 70 Years Or, If We Are Strong, 80 years … Then, Suddenly, The Years Are Gone, And We Fly Away.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 12; Numbers 13; Psalm 90; Mark 2

We Live About 70 Years

Or, If We Are Strong, 80 years …

Then, Suddenly, The Years Are Gone, And We Fly Away.

Scripture

Psalm 90

10 We live about 70 years
    or, if we are strong, 80 years.

But most of them are filled with hard work and pain.
    Then, suddenly, the years are gone, and we fly away.

Observation

Lets see … next month I will be 62 years old! 

Okay … I am on the short end of the stick, but that is not a problem with me! None of us are going to live on this earth forever!

The Psalmist says in a few verses earlier in this same chapter, 

To you (God), a thousand years is like yesterday, like a few hours in the night. Our life is like a dream that ends when morning comes. We are like grass that grows and looks so fresh in the morning, but in the evening it is dry and dying.”

So lets use our time wisely!

Application 

I will try to make good use of the time that I have remaining. How about you?

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You are not planning on keeping me around on planet earth for a long, long time. And even if You did it would be just like a blink of the eye to You. I am glad that I am going to live forever with You and that is all that really matters. 

I pray for Pastor Bruce and Heather. I pray that You use them both tomorrow in a powerful way in the lives of everyone that attends Christ Fellowship! I pray for the rest of the lead team. Make them successful at everything that they do as they seek to further Your kingdom and transform lives.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: