Friday, February 01, 2013

But Now, If You Will Only Forgive Their Sin – But If Not, Erase My Name From The Record You Have


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Exodus 30; Exodus 31; Exodus 32; Acts 8

But Now,

If You Will Only Forgive Their Sin – But If Not, 

Erase My Name From The Record You Have

Scripture

Exodus 32

32 But now, if you will only forgive their sin—but if not, erase my name from the record you have written!”

Observation

Moses loved the people that he had led out of Egypt even though they were a bunch of complainers and they were totally rebellious. He loved them enough to ask God to wipe his name off of the list of those going to Heaven if God would not forgive them for their sins.

Moses was asking God to give them what they didn’t deserve – Grace!
He was asking God to not give them what they did deserve – He was pleading for Mercy!

He was willing to give his life in their place!

Do we pray like that for people? Or do we pray for God to give them what they deserve?

Who are you and I praying for today?

What sacrifice are we willing to make so that they can know Jesus?

Application

 I will invite my neighbors to Friend Day this Sunday. I will pray for them right now. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me a heart like Moses. Give me a love for people like You gave him. Help me to be willing to sacrifice so people can go to Heaven. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: