Tuesday, February 05, 2013

But While Peter Was In Prison, The Church Prayed Very Earnestly For Him.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Exodus 39; Exodus 40; Psalm 15; Acts 12

But While Peter

Was In Prison,

The Church Prayed Very Earnestly For Him.

Scripture

Acts 12

But while Peter was in prison, the church prayed very earnestly for him.

Observation

God responded to the prayers of His church and set Peter free from that prison. Nothing on the face of this earth is more powerful than the church of God when they pray. Nothing!

Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for our church and for everyone who prayed for me. I am just as much overwhelmed today by what our church did for me as I was back in October 2011 when I had my heart attack. 

My surgeon, who did a remarkable job of patching my heart, had given up hope for me, but our church had not. My surgeon told Kathy, our church members and others who were out in the waiting room I don’t know what you are doing but keep doing it.

No force on the face of this earth is as powerful as a church that prays!

This Sunday when we are called to the front of the church to pray please respond and go and pray. God loves it when His church prays. He loves to say “yes” to us!

I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born.   Isaiah 44:2 (CEV)

Application

When I pray during the week this week and when I pray together with our church on Sunday I know that our prayers are powerful. I know that there is nothing more powerful on the face of the earth than our prayers.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I talk to You this week I know that You will hear me. I know that You love to hear me when I pray. I know that because You were concerned about me before I was even born. I am Your child. I pray that You would work through Your people at our church. So them that they can pray and that You will answer them. Empower our people to do mighty things this week in Your Name. Greater is He that is in us than he that is in this world.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: