Saturday, February 16, 2013

If You Follow My Decrees And Are Careful To Obey My Commands,


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Leviticus 26; Leviticus 27; Acts 23

If You Follow 

My Decrees

And Are Careful To Obey My Commands,

Scripture

Leviticus 26

“If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands,

Observation

If … it is a huge word! If you follow God’s command then you will receive God’s blessings, but “if” you choose to ignore God and what God commands then you will receive His wrath. 

If … it is a word that you and I need to think about today. 

What kind of life do you want to experience while you are here on this earth? Do you want a life full of meaning and purpose? 

Do you want a life filled with God’s blessings? 

Or do you want a life that is aimless and that has no meaning? Do you want a life of mere existence or do you want to live an abundant life? 

It is strange that the Israelites after hearing how God would bless obedience chose to live in disobedience. You and I have the same choice today. 

 Application

 I choose to live my life in obedience to God’s commands. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I wonder why people choose to live lives away from You and live in total disobedience to Your commands. Maybe they are somehow blinded to all the wonderful promises in Your Word for those that obey. I don’t understand it. Maybe they never read the scriptures that I know by heart:

    Study this Book of the Law continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be sure to obey all that is written in it. Only then will you succeed. Joshua 1:8

    Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers. But they delight in doing everything the Lord wants; day and night they think about his law. 

They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season without fail. Their leaves never wither, and in all they do, they prosper. 

But this is not true of the wicked. They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind. They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly. For the Lord watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction. Psalm 1:1-6 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: