Monday, February 18, 2013

If I Have Done Something Worth Of Death, I Don’t Refuse To Die …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 3; Numbers 4; Acts 25 

If I Have Done Something

Worth Of Death,

I Don’t Refuse To Die …

Scripture

Acts 25 

11 If I have done something worthy of death, I don’t refuse to die…

Observation

 Paul was not afraid to die. In fact, he knew that he was heading in that direction. For Paul dying was not an issue. He had already settled that in his heart.

I have written in my old study Bible (my most prized possession in the whole world that Kathy gave to me when God called me into the ministry in December 1973) this saying,

“If you have not found something worth dying for you are probably still searching for something to live for!”

That statement that penetrated and stuck in my heart from the day I wrote it down definitely goes along with our 40 day Campaign, “What On Earth AM I HERE FOR?”

The Apostle Paul said, “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.” Philippians 1:21

Paul also said in 2 Timothy 4:6-8 “As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God. The time of my death is near. I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.   

In Acts chapter 25 Paul once again appeals to be brought before Caesar in Rome. It was always his desire to go to Rome and he finally made it. It was his last mission trip before he exited this life.

Are you afraid to die? Here is a more important question: Have you found something worth dying for?

I have. His name is JESUS!

Would you surrender your life to Him today?

Application

 I will continue serving Jesus until He calls me home. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, we are not our own we have been bought with a price. I pray that everyone who reads this blog would the answer to the question, “What on earth AM I HERE FOR? Guide them to a personal relationship with You. Thank You for bringing people into my life that helped me to know You. 

Thank You for Charles and Patsy Hartwig who You used to change my life and Kathy’s life forever. I will be eternally grateful to them. Bless them. Bless their family. It was good to see two of their grandchildren yesterday. It was a reminder of how important it is for me to invest my life in people.

Thank You for the team of adults that came with the middle school choir from First Baptist Jacksonville. Bless their investment in those kids. Thanks for using Dan Elkins and others to mentor them. You are worthy of Praise! And I agree with the Apostle Paul, “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: