Saturday, April 26, 2014

Jesus Always Used Stories And Illustrations Like These When Speaking To The Crowds.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 1; Psalm 140; Matthew 13

Jesus Always

Used Stories And Illustrations Like These

When Speaking To The Crowds.

Scripture

Matthew 13

34 Jesus always used stories and illustrations like these when speaking to the crowds. In fact, he never spoke to them without using such parables.

Observation

Biblical storytelling is one of the best ways to get the Word of God into the lives of those in our small groups yet we tend to think that the telling of Bible stories is only for those who work with children.

The Bible is God’s love story to us.

What is one of your favorite stories in the Bible?

Some of my favorites would include: David and Goliath, The Feeding of the Five Thousand, The raising of Lazarus, and The Parting of the Red Sea.


Application

I will use Biblical Storytelling every chance I get.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to never grow tired of the stories found in Your Word. The Bible is Your love story to me. Thank You for giving me Your Word. Help me to share it with those around me. I pray today for those struggling with relationships. Help them to look to You and to Your Word for help.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: