Thursday, April 24, 2014

Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens, And I Will Give You Rest.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 28; 1 Samuel 29; Psalm 109; Matthew 11

Come To Me, 

All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens,

And I Will Give You Rest. 

Scripture

Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Observation

It is so easy to become overwhelmed with life and all of its issues. It is so easy to become weary.

Jesus says, “Come to me.” I will give you rest.

What is stopping us right now from going to Jesus? What is holding us back?

The yoke of Jesus is easy to bear and the burden He gives us is light.

Lets swap out our heavy loads with Jesus. Why not let Jesus carry the heavy hard loads and let’s take His light and easy loads and carry them.

Application

I will get in the yoke with Jesus this morning and I will swap loads with Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know that I woke up this morning carrying burdens that were not meant for me to carry. I can’t fix any of the broken relationships that I know those around me have. I can’t carry the burden of all of their fighting and I am weary of trying to help them to no avail. Take this heavy burden and give me a light and easy burden today. Do a work in their lives that only You can do. All I can do is pray for them and I ask You to fix those broken relationships. Change their hearts Lord.  Nothing is too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: