Saturday, April 12, 2014

My Grace Is All You Need. My Power Works Best In Weakness.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 13; 1 Chronicles 2; 1 Chronicles 3; 2 Corinthians 12 

My Grace

Is All You Need.

My Power Works Best In Weakness.

Scripture

2 Corinthians 12 

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Observation

In the Message translation 

“My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.


Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.” Message 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I can’t say that I take limitations in stride, but everyday as I live with the small aches and pains that I experience it does require me to depend more on God’s strength and less on my own.
I want to be able to honestly say, “the weaker I get, the stronger I become.”

When I came home from the hospital 2 years ago after my heart attack this is one of the verses that I taped up on the wall in our living room close to where I have my quiet time everyday. Not a bad verse for me to think about today. 

No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. I Thessalonians 5:18

Application

I will praise God today. I will focus on Him and not on myself. How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I realize that not a moment goes by that You are not thinking about me. It is amazing. I don’t know how You keep up with all of us but You do. Today help me focus on everything that You are doing and not on myself. Help me focus on what is most important today. Thank You for taking such good care of me. I am blessed. You are so good.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: