Wednesday, April 30, 2014

So Go Down To The Lake And Throw In A Line. Open The Mouth Of The First Fish You Catch, And You Will Find A Large Silver Coin.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 6; 1 Chronicles 13; Psalm 68; Matthew 17

So Go Down To The Lake And Throw In A Line.

Open The Mouth Of The First Fish You Catch,

And You Will Find A Large Silver Coin.

Scripture

Matthew 17

24 On their arrival in Capernaum, the collectors of the Temple tax came to Peter and asked him, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the Temple tax?”

25 “Yes, he does,” Peter replied. Then he went into the house.
But before he had a chance to speak, Jesus asked him, “What do you think, Peter? Do kings tax their own people or the people they have conquered?”

26 “They tax the people they have conquered,” Peter replied.

“Well, then,” Jesus said, “the citizens are free! 27 However, we don’t want to offend them, so go down to the lake and throw in a line. Open the mouth of the first fish you catch, and you will find a large silver coin. Take it and pay the tax for both of us.”

Observation

I can just picture Peter going down to the lake. As he is walking down there I bet he is wondering if the fist fish was really going to have a coin in its mouth? He throws out his line and sure enough the first fish that he caught had a large coin in its mouth. I wonder how long he kept fishing looking into the mouth of every fish to see if more of those fish would be filled with money.

Here is the lesson that I get out of this story. Maybe you will take away a different application. I am sure that there could be many lessons from this story. But here is mine:

Jesus wanted Peter (and Eddy) to realize that He could provide for him.
It is interesting that Jesus didn’t tell Peter to go and get the money from Judas Iscariot who was the team’s treasurer. Jesus wanted to show Peter that He was not limited in any way to provide for His followers.


Application

 I will not doubt that my Heavenly Father will take care of us.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is so easy to look around at circumstances and begin to doubt, but I know that You will take care of us. You have always taken care of us. You are Mighty. You are the Creator God. You love us. You delight in us. Thank You for taking such good care of me. Everything that I have is Yours. I don’t own one single thing. I will fix my gaze on You and not on the circumstances around me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: