Tuesday, April 15, 2014

You Come To Me With Sword, Spear, And Javelin. But I Come To You In The Name Of The LORD Of Heaven’s Armies -


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 17; Psalm 9; Matthew 2 

You Come To Me 

With Sword, Spear, And Javelin.

But I Come To You In The Name Of The LORD Of Heaven’s Armies -

Scripture

1 Samuel 17

45 David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 Today the Lord will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head. And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel! 47 And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the Lord’s battle, and he will give you to us!”

48 As Goliath moved closer to attack, David quickly ran out to meet him. 49 Reaching into his shepherd’s bag and taking out a stone, he hurled it with his sling and hit the Philistine in the forehead. The stone sank in, and Goliath stumbled and fell face down on the ground.

Observation

I am sure that this is one of your favorite stories too! Don’t miss the meaning of this story for you and for me.

What is the point of this story?

Glad that you asked!

We all have battles to fight in life. You are probably in the middle of one right now. We can shake in fear and worry that the opposition is too big and too powerful or we can trust in the LORD of Heaven’s Armies to fight our battles for us.

Hmmm … let me think about that for about 2 seconds … okay for me I choose to let God fight my battles. I will trust in Him.

How about you?


Application

I will trust in the name of LORD of Heaven’s Army to fight my battles today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You put the story of David and Goliath in Your Word to encourage me. I know that I can trust You. You are all that I need. You have given me everything that I need to live a victorious life. I pray for those who are in the middle of fierce battles right now. I pray that they will cry out to You. And I pray that You rescue them just like You rescued David from Goliath. Show Yourself powerful in their lives so they can praise You and so they can give You honor and glory. Nothing is too hard for You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: