Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Whatever You Give Is Acceptable If You Give It Eagerly.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
1 Samuel 3; 1 Samuel 4; 1 Samuel 5; Psalm 77; 2 Corinthians 8

Whatever You Give

Is Acceptable

If You Give It Eagerly.

Scripture

2 Corinthians 8

Give in proportion to what you have. 12 Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly. And give according to what you have, not what you don’t have.

Observation

Giving to be acceptable must be done “eagerly”! And how about tomorrow’s Bible reading from 2 Corinthians 9 

…But I want it to be a willing gift, not one given grudgingly.

6 Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. 7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” 8 And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. 

 9 As the Scriptures say,
“They share freely and give generously to the poor.
    Their good deeds will be remembered forever.”


10 For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.

When I hear a person complain about a pastor preaching and teaching on “giving” I think to myself, “how sad”, this person doesn’t understand the law of the harvest. They have never experienced the “joy” of giving!

It is not the amount that we give that matters to the Lord, but it is how we give. It is our attitude. Are we generous?


Application

I will think today about my attitude about giving and I will ask the Lord to help me be a “cheerful giver”. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, my giving and my generosity are both indicators of the condition of my heart. My giving reflects how much I trust You.  Help me to remember that the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. I must decide in my heart how much to give. Help me not to give reluctantly or in response to pressure. I know that You love a person who gives cheerfully.” I know that You will generously provide all that I need so that I will always have everything I need and plenty left over to share with others. I know that You will provide and increase my resources and You will produce a great harvest of generosity in me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: