Monday, March 30, 2015

For Our Dying Bodies Must Be Transformed Into Immortal Bodies.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For Our Dying Bodies
Must Be Transformed
Into Immortal Bodies.

I woke up with my brother Rick yelling, “Eddy, are you all right? Eddy, are you hurt? Do I need to call 911?” 

Scripture

1 Corinthians 15

53 For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.

57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

Observation

Saturday I went fishing on the Skyway Bridge fishing pier with my brother Rick. I threw my 9’ bait net over into the water.

Then suddenly I was having the best dream until I was woke up with my brother yelling, “Eddy, are you all right? Eddy, are you hurt? Do I need to call 911?” I looked up at him and I was wondering for a moment who he was and why he was trying to wake me up from such a good sleep! It felt very comfortable with my head against the curb of the sidewalk.

How I came down with my head resting on that concrete curb with no real injuries is a miracle in itself. One slightly bruised shoulder and the minor scrapes on some fingers of one hand were all the injuries that I suffered. My guardian angel must have guided me down to the concrete. If I would have followed the cast net into the water with its rope tied around my hand now that would have been made an even more interesting story, but probably with not as good of an out come!

To my brother Rick’s credit I want you to know that he let me keep on fishing after that and I even threw the net several more times just to see if it would happen again. But when I threw it, I did make sure that I stood back from the handrail and not over it each time I threw. Sorry Rick, I know that seeing me on the ground and unconscious made for an anxious fishing trip!

Hopefully I just passed out. I will call the doctor this morning and I guess they will want to check and see if my defibrillator shocked me back to life again. Hopefully I will find out that I just fainted from raising up too quickly with my blood pressure being too low.

It was a reminder no matter whether I just fainted or if I had sudden cardiac arrest again that my life is short!

 I better do all that I can while I can and as enthusiastically as I can for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Your life is short too!

Jesus Christ’s death, his burial, and His resurrection all give me the assurance that one day this old body is getting a complete overhaul. It is going to be totally transformed.

And my new body, it is never going to faint, sputter, or die.


Application

I will look for people to invite to church for Easter Sunday! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I agree with the Apostle Paul when he says, 

 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed! It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed. For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies. Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,” 1 Corinthians 15:51-54

Jesus, thank You for dying for me on the cross and paying the penalty for my sins on that terrible cross. I don’t deserve this new life. It is by Your grace and Your mercy only that I am saved. Thank You for the promise of a new body that will never ever wear out and that will fear no pain. You are an awesome God. 

Thank You for not letting me get hurt when I collapsed and fell to the curb. Now help me to serve You enthusiastically and not hold back! Amen.

Daily Bible Reading:  Judges 8; Psalms 42; 1 Corinthians 15

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: