Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Be Courageous. Be Strong. And Do Everything With Love.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Be Courageous.
Be Strong.
And Do Everything With Love.

To be strong and courageous and to do everything in love requires meekness!

Scripture

1 Corinthians 16:13

13 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. 14 And do everything with love.

Joshua 1:9

This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
 
Psalm 31:24 (NLT)

24 So be strong and courageous,
    all you who put your hope in the Lord!


1 Corinthians 15:58

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

Observation

The Christian life is not for wimps! The Apostle Paul tells us in these verses to man up! Be courageous! Be strong!

But …

Do everything in love!

This week’s sermon was taken from Matthew 5:5 “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.” Definition of meek = strength under control.

So …

Be strong. Be courageous. Be meek.

To be strong and courageous and to do everything in love requires meekness!

Application

I will strive this week to be “meek”. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to show meekness with those I encounter this week. When I am tested help me to reveal the fruit of the Spirit and not the mean old Eddy that can come out so easily. Help me to be strong and courageous. Help me to do everything in love. Help me to be meek. Guide me today in the things that I need to do. Don’t let me waste time on stupid stuff that doesn’t matter to You. Amen. 

Daily Bible Reading:  Judges 9,10; Psalms 49; 1 Corinthians 16; Psalm 148-150

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: