Thursday, March 05, 2015

Because The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Have Everything I Need!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Because
The Lord Is My Shepherd,
I Have Everything I Need!

Look around and wouldn’t you agree that we do have everything that we really need!

Scripture

Psalm 23

Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!

Observation

Contentment … How can we have it in a culture that cries out for us to have the newest, the best, and the top of the line, the biggest, the fastest, the latest upgrade, or the next new gadget that hits the market? 

… for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of contentment in every situation, whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want; 13 for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power. Philippians 4:11-13

Look around and wouldn’t you agree that we do have everything that we really need!

Lets think smaller, older, slower, middle of the line and let’s resist impulsive buying!

 Lets enjoy what we already have! Lets enjoy our relationship with our Lord, with our spouse, with our family, and with all of our friends. 

Application

I will enjoy my Lord, Kathy, my family, my friends, and I will strive to be content with all that the Lord has given me. How about you? Will you be content?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be content. Help me slow down to enjoy my relationship with You, with Kathy, with my family, and with my friends. Show me someone that is discouraged that needs to be lifted up. Help me be more concerned for those around me than I am for myself. Because You are my Shepherd I have everything need.

Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 1,2; Mark 12; Psalm 21-25

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: